Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Preschool Devotions


July 7, 2008 - Maybe I really bought this for ME. I read it to my 3 year old when we get ready for bed. It has a story, Bible verse and a little prayer. Karly repeats after me on the prayer and it's soooo sweet. Anyway, to the point of this post. This particular night I read the story, verse and prayer and thought, man, I learn a lot from this little book. So I'm sharing what I learned.
Be Gentle
Kaitlyn is caring for her animal friends. She is being gentle with them. Being gentle means being careful not to hurt others. Have you ever held a baby? Did you ever pet a kitten or a puppy? You were probably told to be gentle. When we are gentle with others, it shows that we love them. And do you know what? God is gentle with you because he loves you so much!
Bible Verse:
Be completely gentle. Be patient. Put up with one another in love.
Ephesians 4:2, NIrV
Prayer:
Help me, Lord, to be gentle like you
And treat others kindly the way that you do.
So there you have it. I guess my comprehension is that of a preschooler. I understood this better than I do all the other devotional books I have. But really, this is something I need to work on. (being gentle, not my comprehension. HA!)


2 comments:

Amanda Jo said...

I love it...I'm going to have to keep an eye out for this next time I'm at the Bible bookstore.

I know what you mean about who to pass the award on to - there are so many great blogs out there!

Anonymous said...

I'm going to keep an eye out for that book. Looks like it has some great messages to pass on to us.


Countup Timers at WishAFriend.com