Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Li'L Cheddar Meat Loaves

I love meatloaf. Just found out that Kyndal likes it too. But I never make it cause the guys don't like it. I decided to make some last night though. This is the recipe I used. I put some in muffin pans and wow, what a great idea! Now I can freeze some and have a perfect portion to heat up for lunch.
This is good.

Li'l Cheddar Meatloaves

1 egg
3/4 cup milk
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1/2 cup quick-cooking oats
1/2 cup chopped onion
1 teaspoon salt
1 pound lean ground beef
2/3 cup ketchup (BBQ sauce is also good if you run out of ketchup!)
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons prepared mustard

In a bowl, beat the egg and milk.
Stir in cheese, oats, onion and salt.
Add beef and mix well.
Shape into eight loaves; place in a greased 13 x 9 inch baking dish.

Combine ketchup, brown sugar and mustard; spoon over loaves.

Bake, uncovered, at 350 for 45 minutes or until the meat is no
longer pink and a meat thermometer reads 160.

Servings: 8

No comments:


Countup Timers at WishAFriend.com