Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Rainy Day Activity

On days like these...

We try new things. I got this idea from Saucy at Bloggedy Blog Blog. We didn't use the candy though.
Not the best photo of them, but they were ALL looking at me.


She was so excited
Here's one I made for myself. I thought I was going to be cool and make it shaped like a blow pop. As you can see, I did something wrong. Our suckers won't get hard. There a slimy mess. But they taste good. Any ideas what I did wrong? I want to try again soon.



6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm no expert, but I think maybe you didn't let it cook long enough. Maybe the temp wasn't right. That looks like fun though. What a neat idea!

Shel said...

Way cool! I want to try that someday. Won't be this week, lol.

Angelique said...

FUN! I definitely want to try that!

Saucy said...

Sometimes they don't want to set up if it is humid outside, and it did look rainy! You can cook them a little longer over lower heat on days like that. Give'em another go and it will work!

Anonymous said...

You find the best blogs to link to. Between you and Antoinette, I could read cool blogs you two find all day. I can't wait to try some of the ideas out. We might actually try this one next week in VA. They look like fun!! Thanks for all of the great ideas (and links!)

Anonymous said...

Hi: saucy's mommy here! These are finicky little devils - saucy & I have been making them for years and we still ruined our first batch the other night - we were hurrying too much, had the heat a tad too high and it turned brown (but boy, did our house smell wonderful - sorta brown sugary. delish!)But the good thing is, the ingredients aren't expensive - so you just keep trying and don't give up until you master it! The kids will remember you FOREVER!!! Our Auntie Den makes 'Monster Pops' at Halloween - I will try to remind saucy to make some for you to see. I tell ya' - when you even Look at Auntie Den - you just feel all sugary!! You can do it, too! xoxoxo the fan


Countup Timers at WishAFriend.com